• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 hasan

hasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

1--> Why is this conversion to UTF-8? mad.gif I was quite happy with the charset and I don't remember anyone complaining about it. When I try to edit a former project I am given a warning that I must have a backup of the project. When I publish the project I find that the warning was not misplaced, that some characters won't appear properly, and I feel glad to have had a backup. But then, when I attempt to restore the backup, it goes through the same meaningless process of utf conversion and I get the same disaster. As a solution, I went through each page and corrected the mistakes one by one. Fortunately it was a small project, consisting of several pages. But I have great projects, some amounting to over 600 pages. What will I do when I have to edit them too?

2--> I had translated the rvsitebuilder into my language, spending several days and nights. Now most characters in the translated parts are either badly displayed, represented by meaningless symbols, or not displayed at all? What can I do about this?

3--> Is possible to rollback to version 3.94 safely? Has anyone tried?

#22 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ Apr 30 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(rvstaff @ Apr 29 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please submit support ticket at http://support.cpanellicense.com. Please include your cPanel login, so our staff can access to your account to test it.

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ Apr 30 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm afraid my host has updated to this newest version and I am experiencing numerous problems. After going through the conversion process and opening my site in Sitebuilder, I discovered the following problems:

- A number of fonts have randomly changed
- A table with links has disappeared
- My custom footer has been deleted and replaced with the RV Sitebuilder logo
- Fonts that are shown in the WYSIWYG editor page don't match the preview
- Loading a preview takes FOREVER to load, 3 to 4 times longer than before

I have other critiques but will save those for another post.

This is extremely frustrating considering I was going to upload my site and go live this weekend. Now I have countless hours of repairs to perform.
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

EDIT

Furthermore, when I go to edit the side and bottom sections to fix what the new version has changed, the old information/formating is there but it doesn't show up when I preview. Additionally, the font I used for the navigatior buttons appears correct in the edit window, but when previewed appears as a different font.

Now, I don't even know how to go about fixing things as the edit windows show one thing, and the preview something different.

Thanks for the reply Admin.
Just submitted ticket - 7:30 am PST (pacific standard time)

UPDATE as of May 2

Checked today to see if anything had been fixed (note using version 4.02 now)
Fixes:
-The RV Sitebuilder logo is gone in the footer
-my footer and the table I put in the "side section" appear in the preview again

NOT fixed:
-Fonts are still messed up everywhere
-While in WYSIWYG editor, nothing shows up to be edited, it is blank
-While in WYSIWYG editor there are no buttons at the top to edit with!!
-Preview takes FOREVER (I sincerely hope this gets fixed; it seems unreasonable to have to wait 30-40 seconds to see an edit that took 2 seconds!!)

#23 littlepeddler

littlepeddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

How the heck does a person get 4.02 I'm still on 4.01.
Geez how hard is it to get support?

#24 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE(littlepeddler @ May 2 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am an end-user, so I have to wait for my host to update their version. Just checked today (3:16 pm pst) and still running 4.02.
Curious to see what 4.03 does to address my problems.

#25 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ May 2 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am an end-user, so I have to wait for my host to update their version. Just checked today (3:16 pm pst) and still running 4.02.

Update as of May 3, 9:55 am PST
My host upgraded to 4.03 within the past hour and upon review almost all of my issues have been resolved.
The only remaining issue seems to be with fonts not displaying properly.

In turns of functionality, the slow preview remains and I noticed that there isn't a preview button when in the WYSIWYG editor. You must go back to the main page that lists the "steps" to preview.

Thanks to the support team for working on this!

#26 littlepeddler

littlepeddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'll add this here since the other thread seems to have disappeared. I have a pdf file uploaded on my site and placed into my newsletter. When people click on the link for the file it prompts them to place a user and PW to my cpanel. This only started with the new updates versions/ I have submitted a support ticket and waiting for reply but I think I seen on here in another thread where others were having a similar problem. Andy help with this? Would be greatly appreciated.

#27 alp

alp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:08 AM

When trying to publish in v 4.04, it (slooowwwwlllyyyy) goes through a number of steps, then when it gets to Building Files, it chokes with the error: "Failed to close file." See attached example.

Attached File  rvs_publish_error_3_may_2010_v404.gif   12.11KB   12 downloads

wtf is that? Nothing else is open. Just the publish step of sitebuilder.

So now we can't even publish? nice. NOT.

#28 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ May 3 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My host upgraded to 4.03 within the past hour and upon review almost all of my issues have been resolved.

In turns of functionality, the slow preview remains and I noticed that there isn't a preview button when in the WYSIWYG editor. You must go back to the main page that lists the "steps" to preview.

In having more time to explore I have noted the following:
While text, photos etc.. appears in the WYSIWG editor for IE,
IT DOES NOT WORK
with Google Chome.
The previous version did work with Chrome. Haven't tried FireFox.
GRRRRR

#29 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(alp @ May 4 2010, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When trying to publish in v 4.04, it (slooowwwwlllyyyy) goes through a number of steps, then when it gets to Building Files, it chokes with the error: "Failed to close file." See attached example.

Attached File  rvs_publish_error_3_may_2010_v404.gif   12.11KB   12 downloads

wtf is that? Nothing else is open. Just the publish step of sitebuilder.

So now we can't even publish? nice. NOT.

Please submit support ticket, I need to access to account to check it.

#30 Tara

Tara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

I am having the horde issues a previous user reported. When you try to send mail in horde, the following error is displayed:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Net_SMTP::getGreeting() in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/Mail/smtp.php on line 316

I tried what he recommended, swapping out the smtp.php files, but they are identical.

#31 ethical

ethical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

several more issues i have noticed with 4.04

1) when submitting a contact form it does NOT return the thank you message but returns the contact page again plus the logo and slogan get all messed up on the page and dont appear where they should

2) when viewing a page to edit the logo and slogan again are askew (not in the right place)

3) Also on the edit window there is no SAVE & CLOSE link or icon as there once was and this will be confusing for people.

John

#32 Craig

Craig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(Tara @ May 4 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having the horde issues a previous user reported. When you try to send mail in horde, the following error is displayed:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Net_SMTP::getGreeting() in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/Mail/smtp.php on line 316

I tried what he recommended, swapping out the smtp.php files, but they are identical.

For the Net_SMTP issue you need to run /scripts/upcp --force from the command line to get it all happy again.
Some reason the version RVSiteBuilder was installing had a few issues - this way cPanel put's back in their version and everyone is happy again smile.gif

#33 Tara

Tara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

I'm so afraid to do this - I finally got all the OTHER errors worked out... argh!
Update: Just realized cpanel runs this every day regardless, and it's still broken, so I don't think this will fix it.

#34 Craig

Craig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Tara @ May 5 2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so afraid to do this - I finally got all the OTHER errors worked out... argh!
Update: Just realized cpanel runs this every day regardless, and it's still broken, so I don't think this will fix it.

It doesn't hurt anything - cPanel updates run nightly (unless u turn them off) but it doesn't run /scripts/upcp --force it only runs /scripts/upcp
The difference being that the force will bring down all cPanel files, etc again so that the Net_SMTP module is replaced with the right one from cPanel.
The nightly update won't do that - unless cPanel release a new version of it wink.gif

P.S Should also mention i've done this on approx 40 of our servers so far and it's not broken anything, but fixed it smile.gif
P.P.S cpanel tech's are the ones who advised me to run the command - not RVSiteBuilder staff.

#35 Tara

Tara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

I bow in your general direction, it seems to be fixed! THANK YOU

#36 ethical

ethical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

well i've found a new issue (ticket already created)

when doing the backup and upgrade to UTF-8 it prompts me to do it EVERY Time I go to edit the site now. This does not happen with the site that I made the backup and upgrade on when we were at version 4.01 (or .03 i cant remember) but it happens to ALL of my 4.04 sites that I try to edit.

also there is a bug in the styles dropdown menu if you have a different background or text colour set int he style sheet for your site you can not read the text of the drop downs in the styles menu in particular.

#37 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ May 3 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(sunshinesun @ May 3 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In having more time to explore I have noted the following:
While text, photos etc.. appears in the WYSIWG editor for IE,
IT DOES NOT WORK
with Google Chome.
The previous version did work with Chrome. Haven't tried FireFox.
GRRRRR

Update May 5/10

Running ver. 4.05

Internet Explorer
- Font for navigation buttons appears correct when editing, preview displays something else (times new roman?)
- Fonts for content displayed in editor didn't match preview. I went through and reformatted the fonts not displaying properly, fixed myself

Chrome
- while in editing window, content does not display and there are no editing buttons
- preview ok except for navigation buttons

Firefox
-See comments for Internet Explorer

#38 ethical

ethical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

PLEASE CREATE A CHANGELOG!!

well it looks like 4.06 came out and it appears none of the 8 issues I have outstanding have been resolved??? This is fantastic!

John

#39 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

blink.gif Hasn't resolved any of my remaining problems....

#40 ltl

ltl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

NOT happy! Was before, but not now. So why fix it if it ain't broke? I guess because someone needed to justify getting a paycheck. Anyone have any ideas on how to revert to the previous version, you know, the one that actually worked? I will only pay for a service I can't use for so long.