• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Olga

Olga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

I am still having problems. I am using V4.06 Lite. I can not see the sidebars on the website after all these updates started. I see them in Step 3, but when I preview the site, they are not displayed.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize that and published the site. Restoring to previous version didn't fix this, so I ended up editing every file to include the correct info. Since I have to update the website few times a week, this will be a maintenance nightmare.
I also noticed that the fonts just didn't look right. Turns out my Verdana.css file was missing. After I uploaded it from my backup the fonts turned back to normal.
Anyway, the side bars issue is very annoying! Any help?

#42 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

ARGGGGGGG!!!
I took the chance to edit my site as MOST of the bugs seemed worked out.
MISTAKE mad.gif
Now all of a sudden the FORMATTING of the page I was working on is completely screwed. While it shows OK in WYSIWYG editor, I preview it and the spacing between headings and paragraphs has disappeared everywhere. Nor can I fix it when everything seems OK in the editor. I was just adding some text and now it is wrecked?

Other things to note:
If you are in WYSIWYG editor and decide to click on source tab to edit, nothing happens or IT FREEZES!
Also, I'm confused as to why the choices of font sizes doesn't offer 1,2,3,4,5 etc... as it did before. I'm having problems matching the font sizes. Mind you, if you risk editing anything it screws the entire page up anyways.

Using IE, in case anybody is wondering.
Tech support has advised me NOT to use Chrome to edit with, as it has issues.

So much for publishing my site this weekend. It's already been delayed over a week because of this idiotic, ill-planned update...

#43 Host4PL.com

Host4PL.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

After upgrading to ver. 4.x custom fields from online forms are missing...
Default fields return to default values (customizations are gone)...

Any ideas ???

RVSitebuilder version PRO 4.07

#44 sunshinesun

sunshinesun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(sunshinesun @ May 8 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ARGGGGGGG!!!
I took the chance to edit my site as MOST of the bugs seemed worked out.
MISTAKE mad.gif
Now all of a sudden the FORMATTING of the page I was working on is completely screwed. While it shows OK in WYSIWYG editor, I preview it and the spacing between headings and paragraphs has disappeared everywhere. Nor can I fix it when everything seems OK in the editor. I was just adding some text and now it is wrecked?

Other things to note:
If you are in WYSIWYG editor and decide to click on source tab to edit, nothing happens or IT FREEZES!
Also, I'm confused as to why the choices of font sizes doesn't offer 1,2,3,4,5 etc... as it did before. I'm having problems matching the font sizes. Mind you, if you risk editing anything it screws the entire page up anyways.

Using IE, in case anybody is wondering.
Tech support has advised me NOT to use Chrome to edit with, as it has issues.

So much for publishing my site this weekend. It's already been delayed over a week because of this idiotic, ill-planned update...

Update May 11
Ver. 4.09

-Font for navigation buttons appears to be correct font, although it is smaller than what is in preview
-going to source tab no longer freezes
-I reformatted the "screwed" page myself (see above), so don't know if the updates fixed that
-haven't tried editing with Chrome yet