• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sweedguy

Sweedguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:45 PM

I remember I saw the option that you aimed to include a webbshop in RVSiteBuilder.
Now I canīt see that. When will it be done or have you skipped the shop option?
unsure.gif

#2 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:33 PM

Due to the security and maintenance concern, all addtional modules are suspended. We need to build a system which handle emergency security issues, force update, and force suspend the modules.

#3 snlash

snlash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:01 PM

I would love an update on this! Clients such as my own have a huge interest in this, and I would love to see a built in shopping cart!

#4 LordMerlin

LordMerlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

When can we se this?

#5 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

We try hard on it. But cannot provide ETA. There are a lot of uncertainty and I am afraid to miss it.

#6 civalp

civalp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:24 AM

Would LOVE this feature! A simple store with simple options would be REALLY REALLY GREAT!

#7 SoftDux

SoftDux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(civalp @ Sep 9 2007, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would LOVE this feature! A simple store with simple options would be REALLY REALLY GREAT!

Any update on this?
Linux & Windows Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated hosting in South Africa & USA. Visit http://www.SoftDux.com

#8 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

Simple shop is easy to build but it is currently hard to maintain. Once it is published on the client disk space. We have no control on it. It will take 3-6 months to fix the published website if there is a bug or security issue. We need to build a maintainable system first to avoid the hard situation on both of us.

#9 Haleemah

Haleemah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE(pairote @ Sep 19 2007, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simple shop is easy to build but it is currently hard to maintain. Once it is published on the client disk space. We have no control on it. It will take 3-6 months to fix the published website if there is a bug or security issue. We need to build a maintainable system first to avoid the hard situation on both of us.

Hi

Just wanted to know if there is any update on this?? This would be an excellent addition to site bulder.

#10 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:13 AM

We cannot delivery more components in hurry. It will hurt other than help. We have to admit security issues are not avoidable. We are still working on the component manager allowing root to stop all websites running a component that has a security issue. This way we can minimize the problem in such situation while waiting for a patch.

#11 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:06 AM

I have noticed that your team has been start building shopping carts for the templates.

1. Just a reminder for you before the shopping cart is build. Visa cart has requirements to all shopping carts,you can see http://usa.visa.com/...earchQuicklink, for it PCI Compliance. Basicly you can pass any personal information over the website, the thing you are passing to a gateway whould be the sum of the cart only.

2. Would you plesae include USAepay as one of the online gateways plesae.
More info on it http://www.usaepay.com.

3. Once the shopping cart is ready, would you please give the admin a chose to give the e-shops to certain clients only. Not release it to all.

Thanks very much for all your help and great jobs on the templates.

Thanks,
Leah Packett
www.gnpsolutions.com

#12 kran

kran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE(pairote @ Dec 23 2007, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have noticed that your team has been start building shopping carts for the templates.

1. Just a reminder for you before the shopping cart is build. Visa cart has requirements to all shopping carts,you can see http://usa.visa.com/...earchQuicklink, for it PCI Compliance. Basicly you can pass any personal information over the website, the thing you are passing to a gateway whould be the sum of the cart only.

2. Would you plesae include USAepay as one of the online gateways plesae.
More info on it http://www.usaepay.com.

3. Once the shopping cart is ready, would you please give the admin a chose to give the e-shops to certain clients only. Not release it to all.

Thanks very much for all your help and great jobs on the templates.

Thanks,
Leah Packett
www.gnpsolutions.com

Any news on the shopping cart?

#13 sohot

sohot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

I too have been patiently waiting on a shopping cart to be incorporated into the iste builder (over 2 years now).

I would even be prepared to pay an additional license fee. Perhaps you can have 3 versions of the RV sitebuilder: Lite, Pro & Ecommerce?

Perhaps you can conduct a poll to see how many of your customers would be prepared to pay the additional license fee for the Ecommerce version. This might give you more incentive to work on this if there is additional money in it!

#14 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

There will only be Pro and Lite. Here is my current schedule. It can be changed, without prior notice.

June 18, 2008: Mailing list and user management system.
June 31, 2008: Blog
July 15, 2008: Knowlegebase system

According to this schedule, simple shop should be available in November 15, 2008.

#15 kran

kran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(pairote @ Jul 7 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will only be Pro and Lite. Here is my current schedule. It can be changed, without prior notice.

According to this schedule, simple shop should be available in November 15, 2008.

Great at last we might have a simple shop in this month, this is what most of my customers are asking

#16 Reggie

Reggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(pairote @ Jul 8 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE(kran @ Nov 2 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(pairote @ Jul 7 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great at last we might have a simple shop in this month, this is what most of my customers are asking

As it is 2010 now, I thought that I would ask again, when the shopping cart will be available?
I would really like to state that this would be one of the most important modules that you could add to rvsitebuilder, with the addition of a shopping cart it would then be the best sitebuilder on the market.

#17 Angela W.

Angela W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Although many of our clients need a low cost shopping cart, I don't believe RVSitebuilder is the best location for an online shopping cart. We currently use a great shopping cart system that is fairly affordable for us to develop for clients. Don't wait around for this feature here. smile.gif