• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ryan

ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

i'm just starting out as a reseller and I'm no sys admin. How difficult is it to install RVSitebuilder. Assuming I have root access is it something I, a novice, can do myself? Do you offer installation services if needed?

#2 rvstaff

rvstaff

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:47 AM

Installation is very easy. Please follow installation instruction here. http://rvsitebuilder...nstallation.htm
But if you have any problem with installation, we can help to install it for free. You need to provide me root access to your server. In case dedicated IP address required to access your server, please add 58.137.81.9 to your allowed host list.

#3 ryan

ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(rvstaff @ Nov 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Installation is very easy. Please follow installation instruction here. http://rvsitebuilder...nstallation.htm
But if you have any problem with installation, we can help to install it for free. You need to provide me root access to your server. In case dedicated IP address required to access your server, please add 58.137.81.9 to your allowed host list.

That was way over my head. I'm definitely going to need help. I don't know anything about SSH or any of that. I'll be buying RV and wanting to install it on a new server in about a week after moving to a new host. Should I just update this thread when I'm ready to have it installed? You'll have to explain to me how I add your IP to allowed hosts.

#4 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

You only need to add IP on allowed host when you manually disable SSH access based on IP. If you don't know about it, please ignore it.