Photo

Client does not support authentication protocol...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WitekT

WitekT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:19 AM

I'm little bit lazy, so I paste my conversation with myriadnetwork stuff. smile.gif

My problem:
1. I paid for a license and defined IP as 209.8.236.114.
2. I made /root/rvskin/
3. I downloaded auto_rvskin.tgz into /root/rvskin/ and untared it.
4. I ran "perl auto_rvskin.pl" from /root/rvskin/
5. I defined password.

An here's the problem. I saw:
Updating rvskin database...
=============================
DBI connect('','root',...) failed: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client at /root/rvadmin/real_auto_rvskin.pl line 38

Database connection using root password failed. Please reset your MySQL password at https://209.8.236.11...2/mysqlrootpass

Their answer:
Well, I fixed 1 error, but was not able to get it to install. The error I fixed had to do with the following file:

/usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/rvwhmkey

It was trying to change permissions on that file - even though it did not exist. I pulled the key from WHM, placed it into that file, and set the correct ownership and permissions.

Logically, it should check to see if the file exists first, right?

I attempted to have a look at the readme file, however:

[root08:11 PMhost ~/rvadmin]# file README.txt
README.txt: gzip compressed data, from Unix

Their readme is not a plain text human viewable text fle, but a .tar.gz (or .tgz) file. Uncompressing and unarchiving it does not show any readme file whatsoever.

As far as this error goes:
DBI connect('','root',...) failed: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client at /root/rvadmin/real_auto_rvskin.pl line 38

Looking in line 38 and expecting to find a clear solution was not as simple as I thought it would be. The _entire_ program was written on that 1 line.

Anyway, it appears there is an issue with it using a perl module for communicating with MySQL. I installed Class::DBI::MySQL via your WHM thinking that might fix it, but of course it did not.

So... What is wrong? smile.gif

#2 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

For MySQL root password error, please go to WHM / MySQL Root Password and reseet your password. And then SSH to server and run RVskin installer again.

For WHM remote access key error, please go to WHM / Cluster / WHM remote access key. Just access the page but do nothing. And then SSH to server and run RVskin installer again.

If you cannot figure it out, please email me root password. I can install it for you.

#3 WitekT

WitekT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:53 PM

Sorry, your advice doesn't work - I tried it before I've wrote here. smile.gif

But I've solved the problem - I use MySQL 4.1 and I have to checked "old-style password like in 4.0".