Database error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brant_*

Guest_brant_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

I installed the Site builder (dedicated server with cpanel/WHM), & everything went fine, & I was able to use the site builder straight after the install.

Then the next time I attempted to use the site builder I received the following error:

Cannot connect to DB, check your credentials, exiting ...
Sorry your request can not be processed now. Please contact your provider.

I logged into WHM & reset the database user password (back to the original password) using 'SQL Services / Change a user or database password'

I was then able to use the sitebuilder again.

After logging out of the sitebuilder & trying to use it again I am presented with exactly the same error, so I have to reset the password again, then I can use the site builder, & then the next time I cannot again.

This happens regardless of which cpanel account I attempt to use the sitebuilder from. I never have this problem with any other program on the server that uses MySQL.

What is causing this strange behaviour?

#2 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

What's the database user for RVSiteBuilder?
It is possible that you use the database user which same as your cPanel user. But you use the different password.

To fix this, please create new db user and give it privilege to the rvsitebuilder database.

1. SSH to your server as root
2. Run this command.

CODE
mysql

It will open MySQL console, issue the following command:

CODE
grant all privileges on rvsitebuilder.* to someusr@"localhost" identified by 'passwrd';
grant all privileges on rvsitebuilder.* to someusr@"YOUR_MAIN_SERVER_IP" identified by 'passwrd';
grant all privileges on rvsitebuilder.* to someusr@"YOUR_SERVER_HOSTNAME" identified by 'passwrd';

Don't forget to change YOUR_MAIN_SERVER_IP and YOUR_SERVER_HOSTNAME to your real IP and name.

Refer to this page for more information:
http://www.devarticl...ons-in-MySQL/1/

3. Flush mysql hosts and privileges cache.
CODE
mysqladmin flush-privileges
mysqladmin flush-hosts

4. Edit the RVSiteBuilder config at /var/cpanel/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/var/YOUR_SERVER_MAIN_IP.conf.php.

Find the user and password key and change the user and password to the new one.
$conf['db']['user']=xxxxxxxx
$conf['db']['pass']=xxxxxxxx

5. Edit the RVSiteBuilder recovery configuration file at /var/cpanel/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/var/rvautosetting.conf.ini.php.

Find the databaseUser and databaseUserPass key and change the user and password to the new one.
databaseUser=xxxxxxxx
databaseUserPass=xxxxxxxx

#3 MIRhosting.com

MIRhosting.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:13 AM

I have the same problem. It start after recent update of Current version of cPanel.

And problem also, that file /var/cpanel/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/var/YOUR_SERVER_MAIN_IP.default.conf.ini.php is empty!

Any ideas?

#4 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:19 AM

I have the same problem. It start after recent update of Current version of cPanel.

And problem also, that file /var/cpanel/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/var/YOUR_SERVER_MAIN_IP.default.conf.ini.php is empty!

Any ideas?

I have no idea how it could happen. Please submit the ticket. If you provide me root access, I can fix it for you. If not you need to tell me what's your previous version before updating and what's your current version.

#5 MIRhosting.com

MIRhosting.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(pairote @ Apr 21 2006, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any ideas?

I have no idea how it could happen. Please submit the ticket. If you provide me root access, I can fix it for you. If not you need to tell me what's your previous version before updating and what's your current version.

There is 777 chmod on this files, incl. IP.default.conf.ini.php , adminconf.ini.php, encrypt-type.txt and etc
one user empty this file sad.gif
You should fix this issue, it is not good to have such chmod on files.

P.S. as I see, there is a lot of 777 files and directories in /var/cpanel/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder

#6 catwalk

catwalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:26 AM

Before I purchase it, has this chmod issue been fixed?

Will the site builder work with Phpsuexec without any problems?

#7 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

>> Before I purchase it, has this chmod issue been fixed?
Not yet. There is a folder /var/rvglobalsoft/rvsitebuilder/var still set to 777.

>> Will the site builder work with Phpsuexec without any problems?
For SiteBuilder itself, it runs inside CPanel. PHPsuexec doesn't do anything with it.
For published website, it works also and there is no report about this issue.

#8 Sergio

Sergio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:13 AM

My error is fixed.
We do custom RVSB templates,examples at:
www.prueba.biz/motorcycle
www.a-la-venta.com/volvo

#9 paulo