11 replies to this topic

#1 accuwebhosting

accuwebhosting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:14 AM

Hi,

I have a RVSKIN License Installed on one server and I am moving/upgrading that server to DUAL XEON HARDWARE.

How Can I Switch the IP Address of the License?

Is it possible that License stay active on both the servers for 3 days?
(This is the time I will allow our reseller to change their name server IP Addresses?)

-- Jason
AccuWebHosting.Com

#2 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:15 PM

To transfer the license pleases follow step by step. Both servers will run RVskin fine.

1. Request the transfer
If you purchase directly from http://rvskin.com you can transfer the license to the new IP with no cost. To transfer the license, please login to our website, you will find the transfer request form. If you forgot the password, please request new one at the forgot password page.

If you get it from your provider, you need to contact him asking for the transfer. Some providers sell dedicated server w/ RVskin license. If you move out, very less chance your provider will transfer license for you.

2. Transfer rvadmin hosting account from the old server to new server using WHM /Transfers.
3. Install RVskin in the new server using installation here: http://www.rvskin.co...ic/installation

#3 maxime

maxime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:40 PM

Hi,

The procedure seems not to be automated. How long does it take ?

Regards,

Maxime

#4 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

within 24 hours, not including request on Saturday and Sunday.

#5 maxime

maxime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

Thanks a lot Pairote.

Maxime

#6 vNetServer

vNetServer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

I requested change of IP address since Monday and it's Saturday now.... blink.gif Hopefully it will be done soon as my customers have liked it so much and I asked them to please hang with the x panel unsure.gif

#7 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

What's your current IP and new IP? I don't get your request and don't find information on the database. If you don't want to post on the forum, please email me at pairote@rvskin.com.

#8 vNetServer

vNetServer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

Really fast service. Thanks a lot Pairote.

#9 dryline

dryline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

I am doing the same thing. Migrating a fairly large number of hosting accounts to a new server. I would like to be able to have it active on both servers during the move for the customers.

I did purchase directly from you. Problem is it's probably going to take me up to two weeks to get the server prepared and get everyone moved over. Would it be possible to have them active on both during that time?

Thanks.
David Drummond, Administrator
Dryline Hosting
Blowing You Away with Service and Support!

#10 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

Follow my instruction above, you can run both servers in the same time for a month.

#11 WickedShark

WickedShark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

Is there a way to make a license be active faster? I am using the transfer button in next to the license so I can change the IP it is installed on.

This is for VPS. The other ip is not valid anymore.

does it still take up to 24 hours to get change?

#12 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:31 PM

If you request the transfer less than 2 times, it will automatically update to the new IP.