5 very important questions before buying!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ben S._*

Guest_Ben S._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:35 AM

# WARNING FROM ADMIN #
This topic is out of date and no longer available for any replies.

Hi!

I have intention to buy an RVSkin licence. However, I want to ask you a couple of questions before:

1. How good (or bad) does RVSkin work with ModernBill application? Can I use same server API parameters as with cPanel?

2. Is it possible that I change some information in language file if I have some better expressions for some features? Especially Swedish, because I found on your demo that some words are bit strange...

3. When you tell that we can build our own skins ? does it mean that we can arrange the structure of text too? Is it possible to create some skin like classic cPanel X skin?

4. In Swedish version, the icons is still in English. Why? Is it possible to fix that?

5. Do we have control over CSS style sheets for skins that we build?

Best regards,
Ben S.

#2 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:49 PM

1. How good (or bad) does RVSkin work with ModernBill application? Can I use same server API parameters as with cPanel?

Nothing need to change at Modernbill, or CPanel, you can use the same parameters.

2. Is it possible that I change some information in language file if I have some better expressions for some features? Especially Swedish, because I found on your demo that some words are bit strange...

Sure. You and resellers can change all language files in all languages available. Take a look at Skin Manager / Message Editor.

3. When you tell that we can build our own skins does it mean that we can arrange the structure of text too?

I am not sure what you mean arranging the structure of text. I can tell you that, in skin manager there is a function call 'Create your own page'. It is a template system where you input HTML, php, and etc. in body of page, and then our system will include header, menu, footer, etc. for you to allow it display in all themes without problem. It is also allow you create language files to make your page display in different language.

After you have created a page, you can place your page in any section we have; customer support, email management tools, and etc. using 'Body Links' feature in skin manager.

4. In Swedish version, the icons is still in English. Why? Is it possible to fix that?

Not sure which one you are talking about. Yes, we will fix it if you report me.

5. Do we have control over CSS style sheets for skins that we build?

No.

#3 Guest_Ben S._*

Guest_Ben S._*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 07:23 PM

For example, if you choose an email function (add or delete accounts) or other in rvlightblue skin the icons is still in English.

Its the same thing in rvblue (and other) skins. If you choose to edit some function, icons appears in English.

Because we dont have control of CSS style sheets do we actually have any control of which font will appear as title, description and so on? It would be good to change some Arial into Verdana or Tahoma and vice versa. I suppose that this can be changed directly in pages?

Thank you!

#4 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:00 AM

if you choose an email function (add or delete accounts) or other in rvlightblue skin the icons is still in English. Its the same thing in rvblue (and other) skins. If you choose to edit some function, icons appears in English.

I see. In the past, the email list where icon showing is generated by Cpanel and we could not change its HTML code. So icons could be only one for all languages.
However since v5.20 released on 3 April 2004, we have release our new language engine which allow RVskin change HTML code generated by Cpanel module. No way other themes including X skin can do same like us. Right now we can create icons in its languages, translate all messages. Just wait translators submit the translation. Once we translate these words from english to others, we can create new icons very quickly. If you really want it display in swedish, you can help us by email me the translated words that now still in English.

Because we dont have control of CSS style sheets do we actually have any control of which font will appear as title, description and so on? It would be good to change some Arial into Verdana or Tahoma and vice versa. I suppose that this can be changed directly in pages?

All texts display in Verdana. If you want to change font, you can do it inside Message Editor, HTML code allow in Messages Editor.

#5 Guest_Ben S._*

Guest_Ben S._*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:18 AM

Sounds good!
Yes, I can provide you with translation text for critical icons.
I think that it can move forward RVSkin very, very... smile.gif

My congratulations on fast support!

Ben S.

#6 Guest_VPS Lincence?_*

Guest_VPS Lincence?_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:12 PM

Hi!

Is it possible to get RVskin with VPS licence, and what does that means in real life?

It is better to cut down start costs at the beginning so that I can put some resources at the marketing.

Best regards
B