• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Audrey Brown

Audrey Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

I am using RVSiteBuilder version 5.4.26 through the cPanel with my domain host. I had been using a DIY template for my website but yesterday decided to create a new project using a template from the catalog (template 7-972). Everything has gone reasonably smoothly, except that I can't get the Facebook Page Plugin to add to my site. In Step 3 of the process, while editing my page, I click on the widget and input the URL and my desired width and height for the plugin, but when I click the "add" button nothing happens. I have tried various widths and heights with no effect. I have tried with "px" in the size and without. I can't figure out what else to try. 

On a separate note, I also can't figure out how to transfer my blog posts from my original project to my new project. In "settings", "system configuration" for the blog page I set my Admin Account settings to match what they were in my original project and had hoped/thought that would link everything back to my original blog, but that didn't happen. So then I thought I could export the RSS feed from my original blog and import it to my new blog, but my Serendipity Administration Suite only has an "export entries" option, I can't find an import process anywhere. 

Clearly I'm not tech savvy enough to use the build-your-own-site tools. Can anyone help me out here?

#2 rvstaff

rvstaff

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

To transfer your previous blog content to the new website, you'll need to set the database of the new website to be the one you use with your previous blog.

You can insert the database in Step 3 -> System -> Database.

For the problem on facebook widget cannot be added. Please submit a ticket to our RVSitebuilder support, and provide the detail for checking here.

#3 Audrey Brown

Audrey Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:16 PM

I was actually to get the facebook widget to add by, interestingly enough, working from my iPad instead of my computer. I suspect it was a glitch that resolved itself by the time I got home and to my tablet, but who knows.

I tried setting the database, but I'm getting an error code

There is an error connect to the database. MDB2 Error: connect failed _doConnect: [Error message: unable to establish a connection] [Native code: 0] ** mysql(mysql)://arbrownl_sb:xxx@localhost:3306/arbrownl_sb

I'm getting a similar error if I try to edit my original project. At the top of the page on Step 3

Test Component Database Error

MDB2 Error: connect failed
_doConnect: [Error message: unable to establish a connection] [Native code: 0] ** mysql(mysql)://arbrownl_sb:xxx@localhost:3306/arbrownl_sb
Please prepare your database and configure here.
Cannot connect to your component database, please fix your database configuration. Click here to open your configuration.

#4 Audrey Brown

Audrey Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:54 PM

Nevermind, that issue has resolved itself now too.