• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 HiStyle

HiStyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:25 PM

Just something i assume has been mentioned but why is it that i am not sure.

I am running the latest rvski, i changed the theme to rvgreen and now it asks me to enter the email address in the pop up window, which i do, but for some reason it does not write it as everytime i log in i gett he pop up , when i look at the home page it says

Last login from: None Recorded
Welcome to CPanel, ikiwi.
Authorized Use Only.

Your contact email address:
Please keep this information up to date.

And not updates it. It says to to close the window and is do but still not there.

Now if i click the link on the home page and go and enter it it keeps it and the problem is solved.
So for some reason the pop up window with the email question does not write to the config or what ever it does.

Just letting you know. I cant remeber if that was working before or not but only noticed it now.
Slav

#2 HiStyle

HiStyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:37 PM

Oh i noticed that i loged into another account a reseller account we have the email address there but the window pops up to enter it again, even though the windows has the email address filled in. sad.gif

#3 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:19 PM

Go to rvadmin Skin Manager / Contact Alert / Edit Alert Message and configuration,
the first field you can set the interval time of the contact email pop up.

#4 HiStyle

HiStyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

Great .. Thats it .. That fixes that problem. smile.gif

The only other thing i think might be a issue is the pop up windows when there is no email address setup it pops up and does not save it when you do tell it to save it in the pop up window. Its not as big issue anymore as the whm now lets oyu enter the email address on new accounts when you create them but it might be a issue for people that were created before that feature came out with whm. Thanks gagain for the prompt service.

#5 tvcnet

tvcnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:25 AM

Hi.
I set the popup alert for 30 days but for some reason it asks for email address every time I log into cpanel.

Is that common?

Thanks,
Jim

#6 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:12 PM

Go to rvadmin Skin Manager / Contact Alert / Edit Alert Message and configuration,

If doesn't work, the disk quota for this user might full. If it is server-wide issue, please email me rvadmin password and server IP address.

#7 kennethmgreen

kennethmgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE(pairote @ Oct 22 2004, 07:12 PM)

This seems to be old information. How do I get to the Email alert configuration for recent versions of rvadmin? I am using rvskin version 6.63 and Cpanel version 10.8.0-RELEASE-8

Thanks.

#8 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:33 PM

WHM / Add-ons/ RV Skin Manager / News&Alert / Contact Alert / Edit Alert Message and configuration.

#9 kennethmgreen

kennethmgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:48 AM

When I click News&Alerts, the only choices I get are:

News System News List Add New News

There is no link for Contact Alert.

#10 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:55 AM

You need to access root WHM.

#11 kennethmgreen

kennethmgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:53 AM

That seems a bit strange. How often is that going to happen? There are hundreds of account at my co-hosting company and I surely won't have root WHM access.

Regardless of who has access, this is a bug. I am getting the contact e-mail pop-up EVEN WHEN THE CONTACT E-MAIL IS SET. (as in, the same problem the first poster discussed in this thread 5 months ago)

So, this needs to be fixed. It's really not a question of how to set an option or access to root WHM - the feature isn't working correctly.

#12 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

I am not sure if this will help. On 6.70, I have put a bit of code to reset interval time to pop up the contact email alert to 90 days if the interval setting in RV Skin Manager / News&Alert / Contact Alert is not an integer.

#13 kennethmgreen

kennethmgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:12 AM

Are you saying that your "fix" is to delay the pop-up for 90 days? That hardly seems like a fix to me. If the contact e-mail is set, THERE SHOULD BE NO POP-UP. Period. Why can't you get this to work correctly? A 90-day interval is not a fix.

I will check with my hosting provider to see if they can address this. Although it seems to me that this is a bug in cvskins that should be corrected.

#14 pairote

pairote

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:46 PM

I try hard to find what the problem is. It works perfectly on my servers. Only issue, I can imagine that the admin input an invalid number on the configuration file. To remedy this, I reset the value to 90 days.

#15 SiCo

SiCo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:21 AM

It would be nice to have this as an option without root access, personally I want to make my own page to in turn update the clients billing email address as well as Cpanel.

The popup scuppers this as they may update it there instead of where I want them to.

I do like how you can turn the link off at the top though that's a step towards it.